2014 Legislative Session: Updates and Priorities
The 2014 Legislature is a short session, meaning legislators will meet only for a few weeks beginning February 3. The session is projected to end on March 9. While short sessions are intended to deal with pressing matters, land use often becomes an issue.
Deadlines are very tight in a short legislative session, so we expect things to move quickly. Our staff is closely monitoring potential bills as they develop, and will keep our supporters informed about opportunities to engage on issues that matter to Oregon's future.
For more information on our 2014 legislative efforts, contact Steve McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay Involved This Session: Resources and Actions
Here are some ways you can learn more and support our shared vision for Oregon this session:
- Contact your legislator. Don't know who your legislator is? Find out by using this interactive map. Remember to write or call your legislator about bills that threaten Oregon's quality of life, productivity and environment.
- Visit the Oregon Legislature homepage. Find out about legislators; committee assignments and meetings; proposed legislation; and how to submit comments to your legislator.
- Sign up for 1000 Friends action alerts. If legislation is proposed that needs immediate and direct action, we'll email or call to let you know.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay on top of developments as they happen.
- Sign up for the RSS Feed of our Latest Items blog. We'll post updates throughout the session there as well.
- Support our work for Oregon in the 2014 Legislature by making a special tax-deductible contribution to 1000 Friends today at friends.org/support. Thank you for your generous support!