You are Oregon's 1000 Friends
Join 1000 Friends of Oregon to support great communities, healthy working lands, and iconic landscapes.
Your support means that we can make 2017 a great year in land use. We will...
- Close loopholes in rules that allow too many non-farm buildings to be built on farmland, houses to be built in forest resource lands, and crafty lot line adjustments to create new parcels.
- Advance our new Circuit Rider program which oversees land use for farms, ranches, and forests around the state, including east of the Cascades, where all too often the statewide goals have fallen by the wayside.
- Defend the land use planning program in government decisions - from destructive special interests that seek to unravel it in the 2017 Legislative session to advancing rational UGB adjustments in Coburg, Medford, and Salem.
- Continue to advance housing policies that create abundant, diverse, and affordable homes in every Oregon community.
“I give to 1000 Friends of Oregon because they work with me and other citizens in the Hood River Valley to save farmland for future generations. Without the Oregon Land Use system and 1000 Friends' assistance much of the Hood River Valley would be subdivisions by now.”
- Mike McCarthy, Hood River Valley orchardist
Photo Credit: Taishan (My Oregon View) by Evan, Creative Commons